I’m planning to attend this public consult, but towards the end around 7.30pm. If you able to attend great, if not email the project representatives and let them know what you think of the proposal (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
So what do you think is needed in this section? What are you pain points? What do you like about the proposal?
Where: Waterloo Mennonite Brethren Church , 245 Lexington Road, Waterloo
The City of Waterloo in 2014 plans to resurface Lexington Road between Anndale Road and University Avenue due to the road’s deteriorating surface condition. Per the direction of the City’s Transportation Master Plan, all projects are to provide opportunities to improve the transportation network for all road users. Preliminary work was undertaken in 2013 and a Public meeting was held June 2013 to obtain public input.
The City of Waterloo has now retained IBI Group and consulting Arborist services of Bruce-Irvine & Associates to complete the final design of the proposed improvements based on t he background work completed. The proposed improvements, subject to final costs, include:
Lexington Road Project Area
- Sidewalk on the south side of Lexington Road from Bridge Street to University Avenue;
- Sidewalk on the east side of Meadowvale Road from Lexington Road to Running Brook Place;
- Median refuge islands on Lexington Road between Anndale Road and University Avenue;
- Left turn lane improvements on Lexington Road between Davenport Road and Dunvegan Drive;
- On-road bike lanes on both sides of Lexington Road from Anndale Road to University Avenue;
- Bike boxes at the Bridge Street and University Avenue intersections with Lexington Road;
- A 3m wide multi-use path on the south side of Lexington Road from Davenport Road to Bridge Street