WaterlooBikes.ca presents the ‘Bicycle Lounge’ at Night/Shift today, Saturday Nov 2 2013 from 9pm-3am (or late).
The Bicycle Lounge on Otto Street (#2) will highlight lifestyle cycling featuring beautiful classic dutch and utilitarian bicycles with live music, speakers /conversations and short films on cycling in Copenhagen, Amsterdam and NYC.
Night/Shift is Kitchener’s inaugural Nuit Blanche-style festival of art, culture and nocturnal adventure. On the night of the autumn time change, come downtown to explore an unconventional showcase of arts, technology, bright ideas and nightlife on foot or bicycle (especially by bicycle). Check out a pdf version of the map.
In the lounge we will feature:
- Free Tune-ups and Bicycle Assessments
- Music sets by KW’s very own bicycling Richard Garvey
- Conversations lead by guests (15min) on Bicycle Touring in Ontario, Quebec and across Canada
- Essential Winter Bicycle Maintenance Workshop (15 min)
- A variety of Dutch Cargo bicycles
- A folding bicycle that goes on the train and in the cubicle
- The Classic Dutch Bicycle (Oma Fiets)
- Hot Coffee and Apple Cider
9.30 – Essential Winter Bicycle Maintenance (Bruce Hawkings)
10 – Richard Garvey Live Music Set 1
10.30 – Touring Canada by Bicycle (Scott Kemp)
11.00 – Touring Quebec by Bicycle (Steve Fay-Cosman)
12.00 – Richard Garvey Live Music Set 2
12.30 – My Journey to Car-Free Bicycle Transportation (Greg Kay)
1.30 – Touring Ontario by Bicycle (James Nye)
2.00 – Richard Garvey Live Music Set 3