A few days ago I was walking home for lunch and noticed a landscaper who hauled his tools around by bike. Of course I had to stop and ask if I could take a few pictures to post on WaterlooBikes :)
Robert Achtemichuk is not only a beautiful landscaper but is also an extraordinary artist. (check out more of his works here).
If you’re looking for a landscaper or an artist, particularly one who rides a bicycle you can contact Robert at 1.519.745.4563 or via email at email@example.com.
I remember our parting conversation because it kind of haunts me. As I left Robert said he sometimes feels ‘third world’ because he hauls his tools around by bike. I’ve felt that way before and I’m sure that pang has been felt by many a cyclist.
My wish is that all bicycle riders would feel rich:
- Rich because they are not limited by asphalt or gravel roads
- Rich because they can travel sustainably
- Rich because they are using human powered transportation.
- Rich because they can feel the wind in their hair.
- Rich because they can have a full conversation with a complete stranger while on route.
- and by rich I mean peaceful contentedness